What's in this Guide
Information literacy education is a shared objective of the College Writing Program and University Libraries. In a collaborative effort to meet this objective, University Libraries has worked with the College Writing Program to develop an instructional program.
Library support for College Writing includes a mix of online modules and quizzes and classroom instructional experiences.
This guide outlines the Libraries's program, provides details on using the Library Skill Modules in writing courses and how to schedule a classroom session with a librarian.
Please use the tabs to navigate through the pages of this guide. Below are brief description of what can be found on the tabs (pages) of this guide.
- Program (University Libraries’ Instructional Program for College Writing): Articulates the libraries’ recommended instructional activities for the courses with the College Writing Program
- Skill Modules & Quizzes: Provides instructions on assigning the Library Skill Modules & Quizzes, including instructions on importing the modules and quizzes into Blackboard Learn.
- Library Instruction: Provides instructions on scheduling a session with a librarian for your College Writing Course.
- Guide to College Writing: Provides web links for the Guide to College Writing, a required component of College Writing Courses.
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions): Answers several common questions related to the Libraries’ support for College Writing.