Skip to Main Content


Voting in Kent FAQ

  • I registered to vote, but where do I go?
    • The Portage County Board of Elections should send you a voter registration acknowledgment card that lists your ward, precinct, and the name and address of your polling (voting) location. 
  • What if I have not received a voter registration acknowledgment card yet?
    • You can check the Find Your Polling Location tool on the Ohio Secretary of State's web site.  Keep in mind that if you registered very recently, your information may not be available yet. 
    • If you registered to vote in Kent or Portage County, contact the Portage County Board of Elections. Their phone number is 330-297-3511.
    • If you live on-campus and registered to vote in Kent, you can find your voting location by using the KSU Residence Halls Voting Precincts chart found at the bottom of this page to find your polling place.
    • If you are registered in the area and live off-campus, you can find your voting location by using the precinct maps for Kent and Ravenna, also located at the bottom of this page.  You will need to enlarge them to be able to see street names.
    • If you registered in any other Ohio county, you will need to contact the Board of Elections of that county.  Contact information for each county Board of Elections can be found on the Secretary of State's web site.
  • What if I registered to vote, but when I call the Board of Elections, they say my name is not on the list?
    • If it is BEFORE the registration deadline:  You can simply fill out another Ohio voter registration form.
    • If you are told ON ELECTION DAY that your name is not on the list:
      • It is possible that you are in the wrong polling location.  In this case, the poll workers will direct you to your assigned polling location.
      • If you are in the correct polling location and your name is not on the list, the poll workers will provide you with a provisional ballot and information about that process for voting.
  • Do I need to show ID when I vote in person?
  • I completed an Ohio absentee ballot; where do I turn it in?
    • If you received and voted using an absentee ballot, you must return it to the Board of Elections in the county in which you are registered. 
    •  A ballot returned in-person to your own county's Board of Elections must be received by 7:30 p.m. on election night.
    • A ballot returned by mail must be postmarked no later than the day before Election Day.