About this guide
Thanks to a generous sponsorship from the Undergraduate Student Government in May of 2013, University Libraries acquired the Makerbot Replicator 2x, a dual-extrusion 3D printer. The printer is currently being managed by and housed in the Student Multimedia Studio, located on the first floor of the Kent State University Library. Printing capabilities are open to all currently enrolled KSU students free of charge.
This guide contains information on 3D printing at the SMS. In it you will find our printing policies and procedures, along with information such as FAQs, a glossary of terms and links to free 3D modeling software. Click on the tabs above or links below to access the various pages.
In this guide:
- How to print - instructions on how to utilize our 3D printing services
- Request a print - an online request form
- 3D samples - examples of some of the models produced by our 3D printer
- 3D printing FAQs - some common questions asked about 3D printing
- 3D printing tips & tricks - links to various tutorials and articles on 3D printing
- 3D printing glossary - common terms used in 3D printing
- Free 3D software - links to free 3D modeling and animation programs
If you have any questions about the process or 3D printing in general, check our 3D Printing FAQs page or contact us at 330.672.0221. You are also welcome to visit us in person at the Student Multimedia Studio, located on the first floor of the University Library.