Performing Arts Collections in Special Collections and Archives Home
A guide to the extensive holdings in theater and the performing arts in the Department of Special Collections and Archives.
Performing Arts Collections in Special Collections and Archives
The Department of Special Collections and Archives, located in University Libraries, houses a number of collections in the areas of theater and the performing arts, including books, periodicals, and archival materials. We encourage you to explore these collections. Some highlights include
- several collections related to the Open Theater and its members
- the papers of Actors Studio co-founder Robert Lewis
- the papers of British theater scholar John L. Styan
- the papers of the Great Lakes Theater, Arthur Lithgow, and Vincent Dowling
- the Hollywood memorabilia and performing arts collection of Albert J. Flogge
- extensive book holdings related to theater and the performing arts
Researchers should also be aware of the resources available in the Kent State University Performing Arts Library (PAL). See the PAL Website for more information.