SEARCH UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
Students are encouraged to employ a healthy skepticism when visiting any site and to use criteria, such as those below, to gather evidence on the quality of information on the web. See the box below for a form to use when evaluating websites.
1. Authority: Who created the site?
2. Objectivity: Is the purpose and intention of the site clear, including any bias or particular viewpoint?
3. Accuracy: Is the information presented accurate?
4. Currency: Is the information current?
5. Usability: Is the site well-designed and stable?
Here is a web evaluation form designed to be used with the criteria. Faculty are invited to use this form in their classes when making an assignment of this type].