1. Select your companies using the resources recommended on this page.
2. Get basic directory-type information (official name, ticker symbol, etc.) using the resources recommended on this page.
3. Get an historical view of your companies with a company history. See the "Finding Books" tab to learn how to do this.
4. Get extensive financial information about your companies by using the Research databases. See tab above.
5. Get daily quotes using the financial web sites. See "Internet Sources" tab above.
Getting started may just be the most difficult part of this assignment! The two essential items you need for each company are:
1. The Correct/Official name for your company.
2. The Ticker Symbol for your company.
When you have these two items you will be able to easily track the activity of your company.
You can access KentLINK, OhioLINK, and the Research Databases from any computer with access to the World Wide Web. Due to licensing restrictions, you will be required to authenticate yourself as a valid University user to access some resources.
KSU Proxy allows you to connect to the campus network as if you were on campus. When prompted you will simply need to enter your Flashline username and password. Refer to the Off Campus Access section of the Library home page.
You can also access resources with OhioLink Authentication. When accessing a database, resource or requesting materials you will be asked for your University affiliation. After selecting Kent State University you will be asked for your name and banner ID #. If requesting a physical library item don't forget to select the "pick-up" location. This is your preferred campus library. OhioLink Authentication generally logs you on for a 2 hour period of time.