Faculty Recognition Program Home
Faculty Recognition Program
To recognize the achievement of tenure-track faculty who earned tenure and/or promotion and non-tenure track faculty who earned promotion for the current academic year, University Libraries will host a Faculty Recognition Reception in conjunction with the October Faculty Club. All university faculty are invited to attend this event, which will be held on Thursday, October 15, 2015, from 5:00 to 7:00 pm in the Schwebel Room.
As a way of recognizing these faculty, University Libraries invites honorees to select a book that they feel has been supportive in their achievements or that is significant to them in some way. If not already part of the Libraries' collection, the book will be purchased if available. The book will then be labeled with a decorative bookplate pasted inside the front cover listing the honoree's name and the year of awarded tenure/promotion. A virtual bookplate will be added to the bibliographic record in KentLINK. In addition, honorees are invited to submit a statement describing the book's personal significance to them, which will be included in a commemorative booklet. The selected books will be on display during the October 15 Faculty Club and later in the University Library.
Fall 2015 book selection guidelines:
- Books already in a KSU Library may be labeled with a bookplate if they have not previously been labeled.
- A bookplate label is placed in the first volume of multi-volume works.
- Books to be purchased should cost less than $200.
- If a selected book cannot be purchased, the honoree will be contacted for an alternate request.
- Electronic books and journals cannot be labeled with a bookplate.
- You may select a book with personal significance, your own publication, a book that inspired you, a work in your field, or other notable publication.
- In order to be included in the Faculty Recognition Program commemorative booklet, the deadline for submitting book information has been extended to Friday, October 2.
QUESTIONS? Contact Anita Clary at 330.672.1656 or firstname.lastname@example.org.