The Department of Special Collections and Archives, located in University Libraries, houses a number of collections in the areas of theater and the performing arts, including books, periodicals, and archival materials. We encourage you to explore these collections. Some highlights include
- several collections related to the Open Theater and its members
- the papers of Actors Studio co-founder Robert Lewis
- the papers of British theater scholar John L. Styan
- the papers of the Great Lakes Theater, Arthur Lithgow, and Vincent Dowling
- the Hollywood memorabilia and performing arts collection of Albert J. Flogge
- extensive book holdings related to theater and the performing arts
For more information on these collections and links to selected archival finding aids, please view the Collection Descriptions, Archives Highlights, and Books/Journals pages of this guide.
Researchers should also be aware of the resources available in the Kent State University Performing Arts Library (PAL). See the PAL Website for more information.