Library Classroom Scheduling & Use Guidelines Home
This guide provides information about University Libraries classrooms and other spaces that can be reserved, including how to request a reservation. Questions about classroom availability and scheduling should be addressed to Pam Lemmons at 330-672-2962 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about rooms can be found in the links to the left.
Library Classroom Policies
University Libraries (UL) classrooms are available to University users for class and training needs on a limited basis. UL classrooms are also available to non-Kent State University groups and KSU fee-based programs such as workshops and continuing education classes; these groups will be assessed a rental charge for use of the classrooms.
The needs of the UL instructional program take precedence over all other requests when scheduling classrooms. The Library reserves the right to assign and/or reassign classrooms to assure the maximum and most appropriate utilization of facilities.
Those persons planning high school visits should should contact Tammy Voelker at 330-672-3091 or via email at email@example.com.
Library Classroom Scheduling & Use Guidelines
- UL classrooms are available only during regular building hours.
- All classes are limited to using a UL classroom no more than two times per semester.
- UL classrooms should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance.
- UL electronic classrooms (019 and 333) are intended for groups of 15-25 participants and cannot be reserved by students or student groups.
- Arrangements for locking and unlocking a room must be made at the time of the reservation.
- Orientation to classroom equipment, in advance of the scheduled use, is required of all principal instructors using the classroom.
- The person or group responsible for reserving the classroom will be responsible for restoring the classroom to its original condition once the event has concluded. A group leaving a classroom in disorder is liable for a charge for labor required to clean up and/or reset the room.
- A two-day cancellation notice is required; please email Pam Lemmons, firstname.lastname@example.org. "No Shows" and non-cancelled rooms are subject to a $25 fee.
- Reservations for University Libraries classrooms should be made by completing the Reservation Request.
Questions about scheduling Library classrooms should be addressed to Pam Lemmons at 330-672-2962 or via email at email@example.com.
Information about the library's instructional program and how it might serve specific course needs can be obtained from Vanessa Earp, Head of Instructional Services, at 330-672-1657 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about high school visits can be obtained from Tammy Voelker, Reference and Instruction Librarian, at 330-672-3091 or via email at email@example.com.